Internal Loss Prevention: Detecting and Preventing Employee Fraud
Learn the fundamentals of auditing for fraud with an emphasis on understanding the common schemes, detection techniques and methods of preventing occupational “employee” fraud in your dealership.
- Explain the impact of occupational fraud on organizations.
- List the ways that occupational fraud is committed as a way to prevent it.
- Identify occupational fraud detection strategies.
- State the common traits of victim organizations.
- Recognize the characteristic of fraud perpetrators.
- Examine the warning signs of fraud schemes and what to do in the aftermath.
- Implement fraud-prevention strategies.
Percent of fraud cases are from the retail auto industry*
Average fraud loss in the retail auto industry*
Percent of organizations that never make a full recovery of losses*
*Source: 2013 Marquet Report on Embezzlement.