The NADA/ATD Code of Ethics is designed to reinforce dealers' personal commitment to quality service and high ethical standards.
As a member of NADA/ATD, member dealers subscribe to the following principles and standards. Implicit in this Code is the requirement that NADA/ATD members comply fully with all federal, state, and local laws governing their businesses.
We pledge to:
- Operate this business in accord with the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Treat each customer in a fair, open, and honest manner, and fully comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination.
- Meet the transportation needs of our customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Represent our products clearly and factually, standing fully behind our warranties, direct and implied, and in all other ways justifying the customer’s respect and confidence.
- Advertise our products in a positive, factual, and informative manner.
- Detail charges to assist our customers in understanding repair work and provide written estimates of any service work to be performed, upon request, or as required by law.
- Resolve customer concerns promptly and courteously.
- Put our promises in writing and stand behind them.
In addition, NADA has published an Ethics Guide that focuses on four key areas of dealership operations: sales, service, financial services and advertising. Learn more about the Ethics Guide.