Fundamentals of Effective Leadership Two-day Course
Develop the qualities of good leadership that are essential for career and organizational success. Learn to answer important questions about self-leadership, such as: What are my sources of motivation? How important are my values for how I interact with others? How can I stay strong in a turbulent environment?
- Recognize the characteristics of effective vs. ineffective leaders.
- Identify behaviors for each of the four factors that make up the DISC (dominance, influence, steadiness, conscientiousness) model.
- Define strengths and opportunities with people and processes based on the DISC assessment results.
- Identify primary areas of responsibility (PARs) for your role.
- Create goals that are sustainable, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-based.
- Create an action plan where tasks and goals are aligned with and support a PAR.
- Describe ways to evaluate daily , weekly and monthly goals.
- Differentiate the effectiveness between factual, emotional and nonspecific feedback.
- Identify behaviors for decision making, problem-solving and conflict management for each of the four factors that make up the DISC model.
- Develop a solution for scenario-based problem.
- Apply an Interest-Based Relational (IBR) approach to a conflict management-based scenario.
- Create a one-day plan using the six components of good time management.
- Learn best practices for working and communicating with others.