The holiday spirit is strong at franchised new-car dealerships across the country! Dealers and their employees provide community support through donations, resources and leadership throughout the year and for every occasion, but there is a special energy in holiday philanthropy.
Whether it is the showrooms filled with Toys for Tots, truck beds packed with food donations for the local community kitchen or floats in the town holiday parade – dealerships are front and center in spreading cheer this December.
Here are a few shining stars from this holiday season:
- Carter Myers Automotive in Lynchburg, Va. donated 136 children’s bikes to the Patrick Henry Family Services and the Boys and Girls Club.
- DeNooyer Chevrolet in Colonie, N.Y. donated over 100 beds to local children in need.
- Fallon Ford-Toyota in Fallon, Nev. donated $43,450 to local charities. Throughout the year, each customer who purchases a vehicle chooses a local nonprofit to receive $50 from the sale, and at the end of the year, the dealership matches each total.
- Fred Beans Automotive Group in multiple Pennsylvania and New Jersey locations hosted photos with Santa Claus at their dealerships in conjunction with a canned goods drive for local food pantries. Throughout December, all Fred Beans locations donate a portion of each sale and service to the food pantries with a goal to donate 50,000 meals.
- ONE Automotive Group in Eau Claire, Wisc. gave a car to local single mother.
- Palmiero Toyota in Meadville, Pa. donated over $65,000 to local nonprofits which were selected by community votes.
- Roger Beasley Mazda in Austin, Texas auctioned three new Mazda Miatas to support Blue Santa, Brown Santa and The 100 Club of Central Texas. Blue Santa and Brown Santa give toys and food to families in need in Austin and surrounding Travis County. The 100 Club of Central Texas supports families of first responders who have been killed or critically injured in the line of duty.
- Rudolph Automotive Group in El Paso, Texas donated 2,000 coats to students in local school districts.
- Upstate Chevrolet Dealers in Attica, N.Y. were the Best Christmas Ever sponsor for the Berkshire Farm Center’s Holiday Angel Program, which ensures foster kids have special gifts for the holidays.
- Williams Subaru in Sayre, N.Y. hosted a free community event for children to meet Santa and Mrs. Claus.