NADA Data, an annual report on America’s franchised new-car dealerships, covers dealership sales, financial trends and more.
Highlights from 2015:
Franchised new-car dealerships sold a record 17.3 million-plus new cars and light trucks.
Total dealership revenue, including new- and used-car sales, as well as parts and service sales, eclipsed sales from 2014 reaching a new high of $862 billion in 2015, an increase of 6.9% from 2014.
- Dealerships wrote more than 200 million repair orders, with more than $97 billion in service and parts sales.
- New-car dealership employment reached 1,110,700, up 4.3% from 1,064,000 employees in 2014.
- Average number of employees per dealership was 67, up 3.1% from 65 employees in 2014.
- Annual payroll at new-car dealerships was $62.8 billion in 2015, up nearly 8% from 2014.
- Average dealership payroll was $3.8 million, up nearly 8%.