NADA Data, an annual report on America’s franchised new-car dealerships, covers dealership sales, financial trends and more.
Highlights from the first half of 2016:
- The nation’s 16,680 franchised dealers sold 8.64 million light duty vehicles.
- Total new-vehicle sales topped $490 million.
- Dealerships wrote more than 155 million repair orders, with service and parts sales of more than $54 billion.
- Employment topped 1.1 million.
- Average employment per dealership was 69, up from 67 at the end of 2015.
- Dealerships paid nearly $30 billion in wages to dealership employees in the first six months of 2016.