NADA and ATD Conventions Feature Nearly 150 Workshops Led by Industry Experts Covering All Aspects of Dealership Business
PROGRAMS INCLUDE 61 ALL-NEW SESSIONS AND INTRODUCE 28 NEW PRESENTERS
McLEAN, Va. (Feb. 4, 2013) - The 2013 NADA and ATD conventions will feature 148 workshop sessions for dealers led by top industry trainers covering all areas of the dealership business. The two conventions will be held concurrently, Feb. 8-11, in Orlando, Fla.
The workshops, organized and sponsored by NADA University, the education and training arm of NADA, encompass seven tracks for car dealers and three for truck dealers, for a total of 132 and 16 sessions respectively. Between the two conventions, there will be 61 all-new sessions and 28 new presenters.
"There is no other 'one-stop-shopping' opportunity like this anywhere for dealers to find real solutions to their business challenges and learn about creative strategies for growth they can implement as soon as they return to their stores," said Michelle Primm, chairperson of NADA's Dealership Operations Committee and a new-car dealer in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio.
The workshop tracks at the NADA Convention are:
- Executive Leadership - Education solutions for the "executive suite," with topics ranging from legal and regulatory matters, to managing multiple locations, tax and succession planning, fraud prevention and more;
- Legal and Regulatory - Covering key issues such as cash reporting, OSHA compliance, Red Flags and more;
- Managing Your Resources - Training for senior management on topics including cash management and improving business momentum;
- Parts and Accessories - Sessions for parts managers and employees on topics such as inventory control, Hazmat transportation regulations, and service and parts communication;
- Sales, Leasing and Finance - Training on advertising and marketing, and new and used sales, including CPO programs, leasing and auctions;
- Service and Body Shop - Sessions for service managers, service advisors, and technicians focused on retention, RO analysis and absorption.
The workshop tracks at the ATD Convention are:
- Executive Leadership
- Managing Your Resources
- Medium-Duty - Explores how all areas of medium-duty operations must work together to improve sales and profits
New workshop titles at the NADA Convention include:
- Accessories Success Gameplan
- Are you the Dealer You Say You Are?
- Benefit from Being an Intelligent Insurance Buyer
- Bring Disney Customer Service to Your Dealership
- Cause Marketing: Your New Tool for Higher Profits
- Coffee Stains: Poor Customer Service in Your Store
- Dealers Reveal Secrets to Win the Hispanic Market
- Digital Strategies to Double Fixed-Op Profits
- Discover Hidden Profit in Your Parts Department
- Eliminate the F&I Bottleneck for Good
- Five Ways to Engage the Next Generation of Owners
- How Quick Lubes Drive CSI, Sales, and Profits
- Is Your Website Built to Fail or Sale?
- Media Choices: What Works Best in Your Market?
- Mystery Phone-Stop Challenge
- Overcome Burnout and Reclaim Your Fire
- Purse Power: Sell and Market to Digital Divas
- The Invaluable Controller
- Video SEO Strategies for Local Search Marketing
New workshop titles at the ATD Convention include:
- Biodiesel: America's Advanced Biofuel, Here and Now
- Four Keys to Financial Success for Truck Dealer
The workshops are designed for anyone working in a dealership. Dealer principals are encouraged to bring managers and staff. Workshops are seated on a first-come, first-served basis. No standing room is allowed in the workshops. Following the convention, the recorded workshops are available for viewing on-demand at NADA University Online, as part of the Learning Hub Premium Subscription.
About NADA University
NADA University, the education and training arm of the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) and American Truck Dealers (ATD), equips dealer members and automotive professionals to enhance business performance in a complex and ever-changing industry.
Leveraging the expert resources of NADA and ATD, NADA University encompasses four "automotive centers of excellence" that complement each other, including:
ACADEMY - Leadership development programs for current and future dealership operators and automotive entrepreneurs including general managers, controllers, successor candidates, and department managers. Academy is the industry's gold standard for learning and leading dealership operations.
LEARNING HUB - Available through NADA University Online, this comprehensive suite of subscription programs trains automotive staff in key business functions focused on business management, legal compliance, customer relations, human resources, Internet and marketing, and fixed and variable operations. Employees and managers train at their convenience and pace.
20 GROUP - Consultant-led performance improvement fueled by a group of non-competing peers eager to share their experience and learn from yours. NADA 20 Groups are a cut above with the best-in-class online financial composite and programs tailored for executives and managers, including the all-new Internet Group with an industry-first Internet composite.
RESOURCE TOOLBOX - Valuable member benefits, including Driven management guide publications, MarketINSIGHT webinars, NADA Perks monthly tips and tools, Sanow's Quick Tips monthly how-to's for better communication, and key market data - all complimentary resources you'll find only at NADA University Online. Annual Dealership Workforce Study Basic, Enhanced and Industry Reports are also accessible in the Training Center section for Dealer/Executives.
NADA University equips dealers and their teams to get results - with the right knowledge, information, coaching, and resources to develop both skills and confidence. For more information on all of NADA University's training and educational programs, visit universityonline.nada.org or call 800.557.6232.