Assistance is available from the NADA Foundation's Emergency Relief Fund for dealership employees who have been impacted by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria and Nate as well as the California wildfires. Apply for assistance or donate to the fund today:
Thousands of dealership employees and their families have suffered devastating losses from Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, Maria and Nate as well as the California wildfires.
The need for financial assistance is great and will last for many weeks. The NADA Foundation's Emergency Relief Fund provides assistance to dealership employees after natural disasters, but they need your help, too.
Please help these dealership employees by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Emergency Relief
Donate online using the button above or send a check, made payable to "NADA Foundation Emergency Relief Fund," to:
8400 Westpark Drive, MS 7
Tysons, VA 22102.
For more information, call 703.821.7233.
If your employees were impacted by these disasters, please encourage them to apply for assistance by clicking the button above. (Lost wages and commissions are not eligible for reimbursement from the fund.) The Emergency Relief Fund is the fastest, most effective and most efficient way to help dealership personnel.
About the Fund
Established in 1992, more than $6 million has been distributed to 9,200 dealership employees in need.
When disaster strikes, the Foundation:
- Immediately informs the state dealer association that the Foundation is prepared to help;
- The state association gets the message to its dealers;
- Dealers can apply for aid on behalf of their employees;
- NADA picks up all administrative costs for this fund; and
- All money donated to the Emergency Relief Fund goes directly to the dealership employees.