Franchised dealerships across the country are committed to environmental protection and energy efficiency. In the spirit of this commitment, dealers are making continuous improvements to increase the energy efficiency of their facilities. To help secure recognition for dealers who are leading the pack, NADA/ATD and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are conducting a dealership Energy Use Survey. The survey is still open and NADA/ATD urges dealers to complete the survey!
To encourage completion of the survey, NADA/ATD is offering the opportunity to win a $100 Amazon gift card. For each survey you complete, just send an email to email@example.com describing a success you’ve had with reducing your energy use. The best ten submissions will be selected to each get a gift card. Official contest rules can be found here.
For dealers looking to further enhance their energy efficiency practices, NADA has the following cost-effective best practices for reducing energy use.
- Set thermostats to 73°F for cooling and 70°F for heating during occupied hours; and to 83°F for cooling and 60°F for heating during unoccupied hours.
- Schedule quarterly HVAC system preventative maintenance.
- Replace metal halide and fluorescent lighting with LED lamps.
- Install occupancy sensors in offices, restrooms, parts storage and service bays.
- Configure exterior lighting to power down by 50% during late night hours.