Managers, Get Approved to attend
Successful dealers and managers attend NADA Show — and you should too!
Don't miss the Auto Industry Event of the Year! Plan now to join us in Dallas, Jan. 26–29, 2023. Network with and learn from key players in the auto industry, as well as vendors, manufacturers and expert speakers, all in one place.
Have you already received your boss' buy-in? Ready to secure your spot at the show? Register today.
Here are few simple steps to demonstrate the benefits and help you get approval from your dealer or supervisor to attend NADA Show 2023:
Calculate the expenses. Add up the costs of registration, hotel, flight, food and local travel, but be sure to factor in all of the discounts, such as early bird registration (when available), low-cost NADA hotel options and NADA ground- and air travel discounts, and point these out to your supervisor.
Present the ROI. Create a sound business case to justify your participation. Illustrate specifically what the dealership will receive in return for its investment. For example, you'll bring back ideas to increase and profitability, and learn ways to solve key issues at your dealership. Show your boss the details on workshops, franchise meetings, the expo floor, networking events and more. And make sure to detail your plan to share the information on new products and services – and how they will directly benefit both you and your dealership.
Go in for the pitch. Use the draft letter we’ve outlined (download it here) or make your request verbally. Remember to focus on all the positive benefits—practical training, discounted rates/travel and limited time away from work.
What if your supervisor says...
- “I can’t have you gone for so long.” NADA Show 2023 runs Thursday through Sunday, Jan. 26–29. Reassure your supervisor you’re accessible by mobile phone. Work comes first, and you’ll have access to complimentary Wi-Fi within the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center should you need to connect with your dealership or customers.
- “There is no room in the budget for this year.” Good thing you are asking early, because the Show is not until January 2023. Perhaps you can front the cost now and get reimbursed in the new year? Your hotel room charges won’t come through until you’ve checked out on the last day of the show.
- “Let’s talk about this in a couple months.” Agree to this, but stress the registration fees will go up closer to the Show dates, and that you want to save as much money as possible by registering early.
What happens post-Show?
- Transfer your notes. There is a good chance you’ve got copious notes from your time at the NADA Show. Transfer them someplace where they’re all together, easily accessible and shareable.
- Clarify primary takeaways. You may have been overwhelmed by the abundance of important information from workshops, general sessions and networking with your peers. Take some time to write down your primary takeaways and action items on which you'd like to follow up.
- Check social media. Go to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and search the #NADASHOW hashtag. Perform an “audit” by favoriting or copying/pasting social posts and moments that inspired you the most, which you can also share with your boss and colleagues.
- Share it. Commit to a post-convention briefing for senior management and your team, where you’ll highlight what you’ve learned from the conference. Tie in what you’ve learned to your dealership’s specific challenges, goals and strategic plans.
- Strengthen relationships. You probably made quite a few new contacts that can be added to your network. Share ideas and solve issues together after you return home. Email, call and add them to your professional network.
- Continue shopping the Expo floor. Just because the show is over doesn’t mean the savings have to be. The 2023 Expo will be available all year after the show by visiting this website and looking for the "Continue Shopping the Expo Floor" link.