2016 Truck Dealer of the Year Nominees Announced
TYSONS, Va. (Feb. 3, 2016) The American Truck Dealers (ATD), Heavy Duty Trucking magazine and Procede Software announced today the nominees for the 2016 Truck Dealer of the Year award.
The five nominees are:
- Tom Bertolino, vice president of NorCal Kenworth, with locations in California;
- Jerry Kocan, dealer principal of Four Star Freightliner, with locations in Alabama, Florida and Georgia;
- Ron Meyering, president and dealer principal of M&K Truck Centers, with locations in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan;
- Tom Noerr, co-owner and vice president of Noerr's International, with locations in Pennsylvania; and
- Dennis Thompson, chairman and CEO of Thompson Truck & Trailer,Inc., with locations in Illinois and Iowa.
Nominees for the national award will be evaluated by a panel of professors from Indiana University's Kelley School of Business on dealership performance, industry leadership and civic contributions.
The nominees were selected by state, metro and national association leaders.
The winner and runner-up will be announced during the 53rd annual ATD Convention & Expo in Las Vegas, which runs from Thursday, March 31, through Sunday, April 3.
ATD convention speakers include Bob Costello, chief economist and vice president of American Trucking Associations, on Thursday, March 31, and Eric Maddox, American patriot and military veteran on Saturday, April 2.
Truck dealers will also have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with their manufacturer executives at 11 make meetings and shop the expo floor in the ATD Zone with ATD Exhibitors. The ATD headquarters hotel is the Encore.
The four-day event will be held in conjunction with the NADA Convention & Expo at the Las Vegas Convention Center. ATD attendees are encouraged to attend the NADA workshops and general speaker sessions. Super Bowl 50's Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos is scheduled as the inspirational speaker.
For more information and to register, visit www.atdconvention.org.