- Consumers Overwhelmingly See Personal Vehicle Ownership as Key to Future Mobility
- Consumer demand for personal vehicle ownership remains overwhelmingly strong across all demographics, according to a new study commissioned by the National Automobile Dealers Association.
- NADA Chairman Wes Lutz Injects Dose of Reality Into Mobility Debate
In remarks to the Automotive Press Association on Oct. 9, NADA
Chairman Wes Lutz injected a dose of reality into the conversation about
the future of mobility, directly challenging media narratives suggesting that
ride-hailing will replace personal vehicle ownership, that self-driving
vehicles will be immeasurably safer than human drivers, and that dealers are
reluctant to sell electric vehicles.
- U.S. Economic Trends Point to a Solid Auto Sales Environment in 2019
- Several macroeconomic trends bode well for both U.S. new and used vehicle sales in 2019, said Patrick Manzi, senior economist with the National Automobile Dealers Association.