- A Dealer Guide to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Alternative LIFO Categories
- American Truck Dealers (ATD) Applaud New Senate Bill to Repeal Federal Excise Tax on Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Next week (June 20-21), the American Truck Dealers (ATD), a division of the National Automobile Dealers Association, will host its annual ATD Legislative Fly-In to Capitol Hill to rally bipartisan support for S. 3052 and H.R. 2946.
- ATD Chairman Dick Witcher Delivers Keynote at the 2014 ATD Convention & Expo
- ATD Chairman's Column: Truck Dealers Converge on Capitol Hill
- ATD hosted its second annual fly-in on Capitol Hill where commercial
truck dealers urged members of Congress to protect dealerships from
harmful policies and regulations that would hinder the growth of one of
America’s most important industries.
- ATD Chairman: New Challenges and Opportunities in 2017
- ATD has already begun laying the groundwork for 2017. Just last month, I testified before the Internal Revenue Service in regards to dealer concerns with recently proposed Federal Excise Tax (FET) regulations.
- ATD Chairman: Tax Reform Debate Has Begun in Nation’s Capital
- The debate on tax reform is currently underway in Washington, D.C. The House Republican leadership released their “tax blueprint,” an outline for tax reform legislation that’s projected for spring 2017.
- ATD Gets Ready for a Season of Change
- From my vantage point in Maryland, my family and I are enjoying the autumn season. And as October turned to November and as I watched the leaves turn from green to golden hues of orange and red, I realized that a great deal of change is underway—both in the season and in our dealer business.
- ATD Supports New House Bill to Repeal Federal Excise Tax on Heavy-Duty Trucks
- ATD Chairman Steve Parker praised U.S. Rep. Doug LaMalfa’s (R-Calif.) introduction of H.R. 2946, a bill that would repeal the harmful and outdated federal excise tax (FET) on the retail sale of most heavy-duty trucks, tractors and trailers. The bill was introduced June 20.
- Automobile Tariffs
- NADA urges strong congressional oversight over trade policies to examine the potential loss of jobs and decreased sales that could occur because of the imposition of tariffs.
- Automotive Alert on Factory Image Upgrade Payments
- Automotive Alert Regarding the Capitalization of Tangible Property
- Border Adjustment Tax Letter 12-13-2016
- Cash Reporting Sample Notification
- Chairman Dave Westcott Delivers Keynote at the 2014 NADA Convention & Expo
- Choice of Entity January 2015
- Congress Must Ensure That Any Change to LIFO and Advertising Deductibility Do Not Negatively Impact Small Business
- LIFO (last in, first out) is a longstanding inventory accounting method used by businesses to help mitigate rising inventory costs. As costs rise, LIFO is a more accurate way of measuring financial performance and calculating tax.
- Dealers Urged to Connect with Congress on Major Tax and Spending Concerns over August Break
- Eric Jorgensen Delivers Keynote Address at the ATD Convention & Expo
- Estate Tax Reform
- In January 2013, Congress passed an estate tax regime of a 40 percent rate and a $5 million exemption, indexed for inflation. This legislation also preserved crucial planning techniques such as stepped-up basis and spousal transfer of unused exemption amounts.
- Every Dealer Should Have Concerns About a Border Adjustment Tax
- As all of you know, there’s been a lot of consternation in Washington, D.C., lately over the issue of the border adjustment tax, or “BAT.” Groups representing a number of businesses and different industries have all voiced serious concerns about the potential for a BAT to lead to higher costs for a wide range of good and services – costs that could ultimately get passed down to American consumers.
- Federal Agency Publications
- NADA Regulatory Affairs disseminates federal agency publications that of interest to domestic U.S. new-car and -truck dealers.
- Legislation Opposes Hiking the Federal Excise Tax on New Trucks
- LIFO Advertising Issue Brief August 2017
- NADA Backs Consumer Tax Breaks for Auto Sales
- The National Automobile Dealers Association
(NADA) supports proposed legislation announced today by U.S. Sen.
Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., which seeks to stimulate the struggling economy
by boosting retail automobile sales.