- ‘Modernize the Truck Fleet’ Adds New Coalition Members
- The MTF coalition has been advocating for repeal of the FET as part of a larger infrastructure package that Congress is debating to help fix both America’s roads and bridges and the broken Highway Trust Fund into which funds from the FET are paid.
- ‘Modernize the Truck Fleet’ Coalition Launches
- The industry group will work to repeal the 102-year old federal excise tax (FET) levied on heavy-duty trucks originally imposed to help defray the cost of World War I. The FET discourages new heavy-duty truck sales and delays the deployment of cleaner, safer and more fuel-efficient trucks.
- A Dealer Guide to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Alternative LIFO Categories
- American Truck Dealers (ATD) Applaud New Senate Bill to Repeal Federal Excise Tax on Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Next week (June 20-21), the American Truck Dealers (ATD), a division of the National Automobile Dealers Association, will host its annual ATD Legislative Fly-In to Capitol Hill to rally bipartisan support for S. 3052 and H.R. 2946.
- APA-NADA 2019-Charlie Gilchrist Prepared Remarks-2019.10.08
- ATD and 116 Industry Stakeholders Call for Suspension of Federal Excise Tax (FET) on Heavy-Duty Trucks and Trailers
- Today the American Truck Dealers (ATD) led a letter to congressional leaders urging suspension of the 12% federal excise tax (FET) on new heavy-duty trucks and trailers through 2021.
- ATD Announces New Industry Coalition to Repeal Federal Excise Tax and ‘Modernize the Truck Fleet’
- ATD Chairwoman Jodie
Teuton announced the launch of a new coalition of industry stakeholders whose
goal is to repeal the federal excise tax on commercial truck sales.
- ATD Chairman Dick Witcher Delivers Keynote at the 2014 ATD Convention & Expo
- ATD Chairman's Column: Truck Dealers Converge on Capitol Hill
- ATD hosted its second annual fly-in on Capitol Hill where commercial
truck dealers urged members of Congress to protect dealerships from
harmful policies and regulations that would hinder the growth of one of
America’s most important industries.
- ATD Chairman: New Challenges and Opportunities in 2017
- ATD has already begun laying the groundwork for 2017. Just last month, I testified before the Internal Revenue Service in regards to dealer concerns with recently proposed Federal Excise Tax (FET) regulations.
- ATD Chairman: Tax Reform Debate Has Begun in Nation’s Capital
- The debate on tax reform is currently underway in Washington, D.C. The House Republican leadership released their “tax blueprint,” an outline for tax reform legislation that’s projected for spring 2017.
- ATD Gets Ready for a Season of Change
- From my vantage point in Maryland, my family and I are enjoying the autumn season. And as October turned to November and as I watched the leaves turn from green to golden hues of orange and red, I realized that a great deal of change is underway—both in the season and in our dealer business.
- ATD NextGen’s Virtual Legislative FET Suspension Briefing
This virtual briefing includes the legislative background on the FET issue, the rationale for suspension, and a call to action.
- ATD Supports New House Bill to Repeal Federal Excise Tax on Heavy-Duty Trucks
- ATD Chairman Steve Parker praised U.S. Rep. Doug LaMalfa’s (R-Calif.) introduction of H.R. 2946, a bill that would repeal the harmful and outdated federal excise tax (FET) on the retail sale of most heavy-duty trucks, tractors and trailers. The bill was introduced June 20.
- ATD Virtual Legislative Briefing: Suspend the FET on Heavy-Duty Trucks
- .video responsive overflow hidden padding bottom 56.25% position
- Automobile Tariffs
- NADA urges strong congressional oversight over trade policies to examine the potential loss of jobs and decreased sales that could occur because of the imposition of tariffs.
- Automotive Alert on Factory Image Upgrade Payments
- Automotive Alert Regarding the Capitalization of Tangible Property
- Border Adjustment Tax Letter 12-13-2016
- Cash Reporting Sample Notification
- Chairman Dave Westcott Delivers Keynote at the 2014 NADA Convention & Expo
- Choice of Entity January 2015
- Dealers Urged to Connect with Congress on Major Tax and Spending Concerns over August Break
- Eric Jorgensen Delivers Keynote Address at the ATD Convention & Expo