- ‘Modernize the Truck Fleet’ Adds New Coalition Members
- The MTF coalition has been advocating for repeal of the FET as part of a larger infrastructure package that Congress is debating to help fix both America’s roads and bridges and the broken Highway Trust Fund into which funds from the FET are paid.
- ‘Modernize the Truck Fleet’ Coalition Launches
- The industry group will work to repeal the 102-year old federal excise tax (FET) levied on heavy-duty trucks originally imposed to help defray the cost of World War I. The FET discourages new heavy-duty truck sales and delays the deployment of cleaner, safer and more fuel-efficient trucks.
- A Dealer Guide to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- American Truck Dealers (ATD) Applaud New Senate Bill to Repeal Federal Excise Tax on Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Next week (June 20-21), the American Truck Dealers (ATD), a division of the National Automobile Dealers Association, will host its annual ATD Legislative Fly-In to Capitol Hill to rally bipartisan support for S. 3052 and H.R. 2946.
- APA-NADA 2019-Charlie Gilchrist Prepared Remarks-2019.10.08
- ATD Announces New Industry Coalition to Repeal Federal Excise Tax and ‘Modernize the Truck Fleet’
- ATD Chairwoman Jodie
Teuton announced the launch of a new coalition of industry stakeholders whose
goal is to repeal the federal excise tax on commercial truck sales.
- ATD Chairman Dick Witcher Delivers Keynote at the 2014 ATD Convention & Expo
- ATD Chairman's Column: Truck Dealers Converge on Capitol Hill
- ATD hosted its second annual fly-in on Capitol Hill where commercial
truck dealers urged members of Congress to protect dealerships from
harmful policies and regulations that would hinder the growth of one of
America’s most important industries.
- ATD Chairman: New Challenges and Opportunities in 2017
- ATD has already begun laying the groundwork for 2017. Just last month, I testified before the Internal Revenue Service in regards to dealer concerns with recently proposed Federal Excise Tax (FET) regulations.
- ATD Chairman: Tax Reform Debate Has Begun in Nation’s Capital
- The debate on tax reform is currently underway in Washington, D.C. The House Republican leadership released their “tax blueprint,” an outline for tax reform legislation that’s projected for spring 2017.
- ATD Gets Ready for a Season of Change
- From my vantage point in Maryland, my family and I are enjoying the autumn season. And as October turned to November and as I watched the leaves turn from green to golden hues of orange and red, I realized that a great deal of change is underway—both in the season and in our dealer business.
- ATD Supports New House Bill to Repeal Federal Excise Tax on Heavy-Duty Trucks
- ATD Chairman Steve Parker praised U.S. Rep. Doug LaMalfa’s (R-Calif.) introduction of H.R. 2946, a bill that would repeal the harmful and outdated federal excise tax (FET) on the retail sale of most heavy-duty trucks, tractors and trailers. The bill was introduced June 20.
- Automobile Tariffs
- NADA urges strong congressional oversight over trade policies to examine the potential loss of jobs and decreased sales that could occur because of the imposition of tariffs.
- Border Adjustment Tax Letter 12-13-2016
- Chairman Dave Westcott Delivers Keynote at the 2014 NADA Convention & Expo
- Choice of Entity January 2015
- Dealers Urged to Connect with Congress on Major Tax and Spending Concerns over August Break
- Eric Jorgensen Delivers Keynote Address at the ATD Convention & Expo
- Estate Tax Reform
- The estate tax can force the sale of illiquid dealership assets and destroy the viability of family dealerships. NADA urges Congress to support family-owned dealerships and repeal the estate tax.
- Even With USMCA Exemptions, 232 Tariffs Remain Biggest Threat to Vehicle Prices, Jobs, Consumers
- Even after taking into account the mitigating effects of the new United States Mexico Canada Agreement (USMCA), tariffs on autos and auto parts under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962 would still be extremely detrimental to consumers and the U.S. economy, and cause significant vehicle prices increases and job losses, according to new research by the Center for Automotive Research (CAR).
- Every Dealer Should Have Concerns About a Border Adjustment Tax
- As all of you know, there’s been a lot of consternation in Washington, D.C., lately over the issue of the border adjustment tax, or “BAT.” Groups representing a number of businesses and different industries have all voiced serious concerns about the potential for a BAT to lead to higher costs for a wide range of good and services – costs that could ultimately get passed down to American consumers.
- Legislation Opposes Hiking the Federal Excise Tax on New Trucks
- LIFO Advertising Issue Brief August 2017
- LIFO and Advertising Deductibility
- LIFO (last in, first out) is a longstanding inventory accounting method used by businesses to help mitigate rising inventory costs. As costs rise, LIFO is a more accurate way of measuring financial performance and calculating tax.
- Modernize the Truck Fleet (MTF) Coalition
- Modernize the Truck Fleet (MTF) is an industry coalition to build support for FET repeal and to identify viable funding options to replace this burdensome tax.