- 2014 New York Automotive Forum
- 2014 New York Automotive Forum Presented by NADA and J.D. Power (April 15) If manufacturers sold directly to customers, there would be zero competition in pricing vehicles, parts and service.” — NADA Chairman Forrest McConnell III
- 2016 NADA/ATD Convention & Expo
- Full coverage of the 2016 NADA/ATD Convention & Expo in Las Vegas, April 1-3.
- 2017 Automotive Forum
- The 2017 Automotive Forum will take place on April 11, in New York City. This one-day event, hosted by the New York International Auto Show, brings together leaders from OEMs, suppliers, retailers, and the media to discuss how industry and economic conditions will shape the future.
- ATD Chairman Dick Witcher Delivers Keynote at the 2014 ATD Convention & Expo
- Auto Dealer Groups Urge President Obama to Revitalize Market for Vehicle Inventory Credit and Retail Auto Financing
- An unprecedented drop in consumer
confidence, credit market chaos and a steep drop in lending have created
an unsustainable business climate for thousands of the nation's new
vehicle dealers and their employees, auto dealer groups said in a joint
letter to President Barack Obama this week.
- Auto Dealers Applaud Congressional Funding to Extend Cash for Clunkers Program
- Car shoppers and dealers across the country
breathed a sigh of relief today when the Senate approved a House measure
adding $2 billion to the wildly successful “cash for clunkers”
- Auto Dealers Are Urging Congress to Intervene with the Obama Administration to Oppose Drastic Dealer Cuts
- More than 100 new-car dealers will meet face-to-face today with select members of the House and Senate to ask them to urge President Obama’s auto task force to slow down plans to rapidly reduce General Motors and Chrysler’s dealer networks.
- Auto Dealers Convene in Washington for NADA’s Legislative Conference
- Issues affecting the auto industry in 2009
have been like no other in recent history. Auto dealers from around the
country have traveled to Washington numerous times and have been
instrumental in lobbying on key measures, including securing government
bridge loans for General Motors and Chrysler, arguing against drastic
dealer cuts at congressional hearings, and helping enact two federal
auto stimulus programs.
- Auto Dealers to Help Car Shoppers Understand Revised Safety Ratings
- In response to the federal government’s
announcement today of new ratings for 2011 model year vehicles under its
enhanced 5-Star Safety Ratings System, the National Automobile Dealers
Association (NADA) issued the following statement:
- Auto Dealers Travel to Nation’s Capitol to Promote Responsible Boost in Fuel Economy(1)
- New car and truck dealers from across the
country are meeting today with key members of the House of
Representatives in support of efforts to enact reasonable increases in
the national Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standard.
- Auto Dealers Would Face Brunt of Burden Under California Fuel Economy Rules
- The chairman of the National Automobile
Dealers Association, John McEleney, told the Environmental Protection
Agency today that complying with state-based fuel economy regulations
would cause additional hardship on the nation’s declining number of
new-car dealers with little environmental benefit.
- AutoNation Joins Chorus of Criticism of Edmunds.com 'Clunkers' Study
- The following is a statement from Mike Jackson, chairman and CEO of AutoNation, Inc.:
- Bill to Reduce Auto Dealership Paperwork Passes House
- Bipartisan Resolution in Congress Urges Preservation of Single National Fuel Economy Standard
- A single, national fuel economy standard for passenger cars and light trucks will do more to reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gases than the 14 separate programs sought by California and other states, lawmakers outlined today in a resolution.
- Commentary: Congress Won’t Preserve Consumer Discounts Without Your Help
- By Bill Fox April 28, 2015 The effort to preserve dealer assisted financing continues with NADA and its valued partners. With the introduction of H.R. 1737, Congress is continuing its bipartisan efforts to rescind the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s
- Congress Highlights Need to Slow Down Dealership Closings and Layoffs
- In response to today's congressional
oversight hearing examining the reckless and disorganized closure of
thousands of neighborhood auto dealerships and tens of thousands of
additional jobs which will be lost as a result, the National Automobile
Dealers Association (NADA) issued the following statement in support of
- Congressional Testimony: NADA Seeks Timely Disclosure of Total-Loss Data on Damaged Vehicles
- WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 1, 2006) - In testimony today, the National
Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) called on insurance companies and
state titling agencies to provide consumers access to VIN (Vehicle
Identification Number)-based data before they buy used cars.
- County in New Mexico Halts Effort to Implement its Own Fuel Economy Rules
- The National Automobile Dealers Association
(NADA) today commended the Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Air Quality
Control Board in New Mexico for repealing a requirement that would have
mandated fuel economy standards at the local level.
- Dealers Urged to Connect with Congress on Major Tax and Spending Concerns over August Break
- Future of Auto Dealership Threatened in Wake of Credit Crisis
- Starting as a self-proclaimed “wash boy”
at an Albuquerque dealership, Bob Cockerham rose through the ranks to
become a successful entrepreneur and owner of an import dealership in
New Mexico. Due to the collapse of the lending industry, he may lose the
business that he and his wife fought so hard to build.
- Grassroots Resources
- Getting Involved Makes a DifferenceNew car and truck dealers are effectively positioned to build long term grassroots relationships with members of Congress. Most Representatives and Senators would welcome the opportunity to visit dealerships in their districts and interact
- Host a Member of Congress in your Dealership in August
- Congressional recesses present a rare opportunity to educate our elected officials at home to discuss our key policy issues.
- Justice Department Rule Will Help Increase Public Transparency of Flooded and Rebuilt Wrecks
- The Department of Justice recently issued
final rules to help deter auto fraud by connecting motor vehicle
agencies in states throughout the country and requiring more insurance
companies to disclose totaled vehicles.
- Lawmakers Pass Amendment to Exclude Auto Dealers from New Federal Agency
- The House Financial Services Committee
approved a key amendment, 47-21, to keep automobile dealers under the
already effective federal and state laws which govern vehicle financing.
- NADA Alerts Dealers: 'Auto Financing May Be at Risk'
- The Senate is soon to consider a financial
regulation bill that could subject auto dealers to a whole new set of