Have you successfully implemented initiatives resulting in significant energy savings and a healthier bottom line? You could be the future recipient of one of our two green-themed awards:
1. USA TODAY Dealer Innovation Award
The USA TODAY Dealer Innovation Award recognizes dealers who have implemented effective initiatives to save energy, reduce utility costs and protect the environment.
Examples of improvements that save energy and/or decrease a dealership's environmental "footprint" include:
Switching to more energy-efficient lighting, heating or cooling.
- Adding insulation or coatings to buildings, heaters or windows to reduce energy use.
- Increasing exterior plantings to reduce water runoff, provide shade or lower the effects of pollution.
- Installing more eco-friendly building materials.
- Creating, monitoring or using equipment differently to save energy or supplies.
Recycling or reusing to create less waste.
Four winners will be chosen and will be featured in a full-page ad in USA TODAY and NADA's AutoExec magazine. One grand winner, selected from among the four, will be honored at a special ceremony held in conjunction with the New York International Auto Show, and will receive roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations for two to New York City, as well as two VIP auto show passes.
2. Energy Star for Small Business Award
The Energy Star Small Business and Congregations Awards are open to any small business, congregation, or non-profit that has increased the energy efficiency of its facility through upgrades or energy-management improvements during the last two years. It can be a large project or small improvement in energy efficiency, a retrofit or new construction. Preference will be given to small businesses and congregations that have used Energy Star tools and resources to achieve improvements in energy efficiency.
In 2007, Energy Star honored three dealerships (out of a total of eight small businesses) with Energy Star for Small Business awards. The award recognized these dealerships as “great examples of financial and environmental stewardship” for their success at achieving greater energy efficiency at their facilities. NADA encourages participation through its Energy Stewardship Initiative.
What You Win:
- An attractive Energy Star award plaque for your facility
- Public recognition announcements in local news media
- Inclusion in a nationwide press announcement from EPA
- Recognition on the Energy Star Web site
- The opportunity to promote yourself as an “Energy Star Award Winner”
For more on the Energy Star for Small Business Award, visit Energy Star's awards page.