Download "Understanding Vehicle Financing
"Understanding Vehicle Financing," produced by the American Financial Services Association Education Foundation (AFSAEF) and the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA), and prepared in cooperation with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), provides information to help you learn about dealership financing and evaluate your own financial situation before buying a new or used vehicle. It also addresses vehicle leasing.
The 16-page brochure includes:
- A checklist of recommended actions to take before, during and after visiting the dealership;
- A worksheet to determine a monthly payment amount that the borrower can afford;
- A worksheet to allow borrowers to compare terms from up to three creditors;
- A glossary of common vehicle financing terms; and
- A list of federal laws regulating dealership financing and leasing.
*File requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.