National Automobile Dealers Association
8400 Westpark Drive
McLean, VA 22102
(703) 821-7000 or (800) 252-6232
The NADA Story
The NADA story began in 1917 when 30 auto dealers traveled to the nation’s capital to convince Congress not to impose a luxury tax on the automobile. They successfully argued that the automobile is a necessity of American life, not a luxury. From that experience was born the National Automobile Dealers Association. Today, NADA represents nearly 16,000 new car and truck dealers, with 32,500 franchises, both domestic and international.
NADA membership is open to any new car and truck dealership holding a sales and service franchise.
- Represents all dealers - domestic and import franchises - on Capitol Hill, federal agencies, media and general public;
- Provides education and guidance on regulatory matters;
- Represents dealers interests with automobile and truck manufacturers;
- Develops research data on the retail automobile industry;
- Offers extensive training programs to improve dealership business operations, sales and service practices via NADA University;
- Operates a charitable foundation that distributes funds donated by dealers and friends to emergency/medical and educational organizations and private-sector colleges and universities; and
- Offers employee benefit plans through its retirement services group, NADART.